Friday, June 11, 2010

Packing List

So I'm really nervous about forgetting anything on my trip! I tried to make a very detailed packing list, although not concrete, I hope I stay close to this list when cramming my suitcase. I can only take 44lbs with me... =/ The program directors made a list, and I modified it. I didn't know I'd need a first-aid kit, but they tend to think it’s very important.

Well here's my list, comment on it if you think I’m over-packing, or could make some adjustments.

Clothing: 2 dresses, 1 skirt, 3 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shorts, 9 casual shirts, 3 tank-tops, Sweatpants, Sweatshirt, Pajamas, 1-2 outfits for sports, 7 pairs of socks, 14 pairs of underwear, light jacket, umbrella, bathing suitShoesdressy heel, slippers, sneakers, flip-flops/sandals

Personal First-Aid Kit: pain reliever, cold & allergy relief (Benadryl), digestive aids (Pepto-Bismal), anti-diarrheal (Imodium), throat lozenges, topical hydrocortisone, decongestants, calcium tablets, multivitamins (with iron), eye drops, insect repellant, band-aids

Personal: contact lenses, disinfectant wipes, anti-bacterial hand wash gel, contact lens solution, deodorant, lip balm, razor, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, mouth wash, travel pack of tissues (few public restrooms will have toilet paper)

Electrical: camera/memory cards/charger, iPod, alarm clock, laptop computer/charger, mobile, phone/charger, USB flash drive, power converter/transformer compatible with your appliances (cylindrical)

School Supplies: Notebooks, pens, scotch tape, scissors, a small Russian-English dictionary (required by program), a Russian textbook with which you are familiar (useful as a grammar reference)

Miscellaneous: money belt/pouch, bath towel, small flashlight, an up-to-date guidebook, whistle (to wear or carry as an alarm)

oh the joys of packing...